How Critical Would Data Loss Be To Your Business?
Did you know that for companies without a disaster recovery plan and who experienced a major loss of business data:
- 43% never reopened,
- 51% closed within two years,
- 6% usually survive long term
How much of your IT budget is allocated to IT disaster recovery planning? The norm for large companies is between 2% and 4% with some being as high as 8%.
If your main server goes down in the middle of a busy day, have you thought through the following:
- What just happened?
- How do I diagnose the problem?
- Is there someone that will be on-site quickly that I can rely on?
- Is there a backup to that person?
- Are all of the passwords available to the person dealing with this emergency in case they need them?
- Is there proper documentation to understand my systems quickly?
- How long will it take to get replacement hardware?
- What is the procedure for restoring backups, has it been tested?
- What happens if my building burns down?
Disaster preparedness is essential to any modern business. As IT becomes more integral to our business, making sure that we can handle problems that will inevitably arise can make a significant impact on our success. Proper planning, documentation and preparation can make the difference between a major problem taking a couple hours to solve and taking weeks. It can make the difference between getting all of my data back or having lost a significant amount of vital information.
A Disaster Recovery Plan is an essential tool in preparing for the unexpected. Not only will this plan contain in one place all of the essential information needed in a crisis, but it also becomes a tool to think through the possibilities, design your systems and test scenarios. Pendasi will work with you to through this process. From making sure you have the proper documentation to making sure we have qualified staff available 24/7 to help you in case the unthinkable happens.
Pendasi Business IT Consulting providing disaster recovery planning located in Scottsdale, AZ and serving the entire Phoenix, AZ metropolitan area.
Mymanagedbackup out of Georgia has a very revealing page on direct effects of data loss on small to medium size business (SMB). mymanagedbackup data loss statistics
IBM provides insight into small to medium size business (SMB) risk management in their 3 part video series. Watch Video